"Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance."-Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Class Links

I personally enjoyed reading this blog because it was very informative of the current problem the U.S. is facing with illegal immigrants. The blog effectively displays both sides of the argument providing an unbiased source of information. I think this blog is worth looking at because the effect of illegal immigration touches everyone living in the U.S. in some way. I major problem that was mentioned in the blog was the spending the U.S. on illegal immigrants who don’t have health insurance and need health care or for those illegal immigrant who are arrested and live in a jail. The money for this spending come straight from our tax dollars so it was interesting to know that we are actually indirectly sponsoring these immigrants with our tax money. I like the way the blog and argument was set up and the writer had good theories of how this problem could be resolved. I agreed with the majority of the theory, now we will have to wait and see the actions our government will take to solve this issue.
I enjoyed visiting the blog SSB Tax because it discussed the proposed tax of sugar sweetened beverages that I didn’t even know about. I drink sugar drinks yes, but I didn’t know that they could be taxed. I don’t agree with the tax but I found it interesting to learn why the tax was proposed. The fact that the tax is actually a tool to help people drink less SSB due to the high intake of calories was something I found to be very genius and insightful about the motives of the tax.  I feel like this blog is worth visiting because it talks about an issue that affects many people on a daily bases. Also the topic of SSB tax is something we don’t hear about a lot in the news so this is a great source of information for it. Also another reason why I like this blog is because it enlightened me to something I had no clue about, FRESHMEN FIFTNEEN!! I didn’t even know there was such a thing as freshmen fifteen and I’m a freshman in college, I just found out about it because that is the name of the url of this blog!
 Current Holy War
I enjoyed this blog for many reasons; first of all I was interested in the topic before I started reading this blog so hearing more information about it was very refreshing, also the blog was able to present the topic in an unbiased manor form a strictly educational stand point. I applaud this blogger for attacking such a difficult topic that even political leaders in our world struggle to find a solution to. From reading this blog it’s evident that the blogger put a lot of thought into the blog and did a lot of research to be able to have a strong foundation of information on the topic. I think this blog is worth reading because it offers great incite to the Arab- Israeli conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment